Every girl wants to look her best on her wedding day as after all it is the biggest event of your life ever.
I’ve scoured the internet and compiled a list of 10 beauty hacks that I feel every bride-to-be should know and will find useful for her wedding day.
1) Stay away from diary products for 4 days leading up to the wedding to reduce bloating naturally.
Consuming diary causes bloating and even pimple outbreak. So refrain from consuming them if you want to look gorgeous on your big day. That means no milk, cheese, ice cream and yoghurt!
2) What to do if you wake up on your wedding day with a pimple.
Do not. And I repeat again, DO NOT pop the pimple. Instead, grab a piece of ice and apply it on the area.
The cold will reduce the swelling and you’ll be able to apply make up to cover it.
3) Strapless or low back dress? Sew your bra in!
The last thing you want on your wedding day is a nip slip; yet some dresses are not suitable to be worn with a normal bra.
Ask your seamstress to sew your bra into your dress so you’ll feel secure, and the it’ll provide you the support to make your dress look flattering on you.
4) New shoes with smooth soles? Sandpaper them.
If you realise the shoes you’ve got have a smooth or even soles, you’ll want to give it a good scuff and sandpaper the soles so it’ll create more friction and you don’t have to worry about slipping.
5) Shoes too tight?
Stretch your shoes with socks and a hair dryer. Follow the tutorial below!
6) Video down how to wear your dress in the store during fitting.
It makes it easier for your bridesmaid to help you get into you dress quickly without fussing and panicking about how it should be worn, especially if it’s a complicated design.
7) Tone your arms and back.
Most gowns will expose your arms and back. So if you like to look in shape in your photos, do check out this workout; it only takes 3 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week to beat flabby arms and chunky back.
8) Avoid the appearance of a double chin with proper posing.
Remember these simple steps on your wedding day and you’ll look skinny in every picture!
9) Whiten Armpits
If you are wearing a sleeveless gown, you’ll want to avoid the appearance of a darker armpit. Follow this recipe to whiten your pits naturally!
Pure coconut oil (available at Holland & Barrett stores)
- Mix baking soda with coconut oil and use as a scrub under your arms.
- Gently scrub in small circular motion to get rid off the dead, rough skin.
- Leave the scrub on for 5-10 mins.
- Rinse off and pat dry for clean softer armpits.
10) For beautiful, white teeth
Who doesn’t white beautiful smile for their wedding pictures.
Sprinkle a little baking powder onto your toothpaste and brush nightly.
The baking powder helps to dislodge plague and reduce colouration on teeth. So you’ll expect to see lighter-coloured teeth in a week. It also helps to reduce your coffee, tea and wine intake as these tend to stain you teeth.